Are you a new e-scooter owner looking for tips to make your electric scooter ride more awesome and fun?
Then, this article is for you.
In this article, we discuss some useful tips for e-scooter owners and riders, including safety tips to follow while riding an electric two-wheeler. Also, we will learn the best way to take care (maintain) of your vehicle for it to last long.
If you are looking to buy an e-scooter and want to know about the things to consider beforehand, be sure to check out our article “A Beginner’s Guide to Buying An E-scooter”.
Let’s now get started with the tips for an easy, safe and fun e-scooter ride.
These tips can be helpful not just for new users but also for existing and professional e-scooter riders.
Learning To Ride
If this is your first e-scooter, chances are that you don’t already know how to ride it. If that is the case, the first thing you need to do is learn to ride an e-scooter.
When starting out, use the help from someone who already knows how to ride an e-scooter. Use all the safety gear and precautions as mentioned in this article.
First, place one foot on the deck and start the engine. Once the vehicle is ready to move, place the other foot on the deck. Make sure to tightly hold the handlebar with your hands.
Riding an e-scooter is more or less like riding a bicycle, only that it’s automated and there are no pedals. Keep practising, and you will be a pro in no time!
E-scooter Storage Tips
Storing an e-scooter is not a tedious task. Since these two-wheelers are light in weight and super easy to carry, they can be stored anywhere inside the home or a garage.
And if your scooter is foldable like the Currus NF Folding E-scooter, you can even put it in your room. Just make sure that the place you’re using to store the scooter is safe, preferably closed and not very cold or hot.
Even if you plan to not use your e-scooter for some time, do not leave it unattended, as the battery might get affected. Charge it at least once a month.
Low Battery & Charging
Most of the modern electric scooters feature a battery indicator that tells you when the battery is about to die. Some even have a beep feature, which starts beeping once the battery is low. To make sure this doesn’t happen while you’re riding, keep your e-scooter charged at all times.
For charging your e-scooter, use only the company provided charger/cable. Do not wait for the battery to run out completely before you charge it. Unplug it as soon as it is fully charged. Keeping the battery connected with the power even when fully charged might reduce its life.
Service & Maintenance
To ensure a longer life for your electric vehicle, it’s important to get it serviced on a regular basis. How well you maintain and take care of your scooter will decide for how long you can continue using it.
If you face a problem with your vehicle, get it checked immediately by the manufacturer or a repair shop.
Here are some other tips for electric scooter maintenance:
- 1. Charge your electric two-wheeler regularly.
- 2. Do not put more load than it can bear.
- 3. Avoid taking it out in the rain as far as possible. Never take your electric vehicle into a water body such as a pool or a river.
- 4. Check the bolts, belt and screws regularly.
- 5. Keep it clean.
E-scooter Safety Tips
Safety should be your primary concern when riding a vehicle, of any kind.
Even with an electric scooter, there is always a chance of meeting an accident if you’re not careful or not following the rules. It can be avoided by following the proper safety measures.
Here you go.
- 1. Always wear a helmet and other security equipment while riding an e-scooter.
- 2. Use the headlights and backlights on your e-scooter, especially in the dark.
- 3. Make sure that the brakes are working fine.
- 4. Before starting out, always check the battery level.
- 5. Check the scooter tires for wear and tear before every use.
- 6. When riding an e-scooter, keep your focus on the road.
- 7. Never use your cell phone (for calling, texting, etc.) while riding. If you need to use it, just stop the vehicle in a side/corner.
- 8. Be aware of bumps, potholes, etc. on the road to avoid e-scooter accidents.
- 9. Keep your speed below the maximum limit at all times.
- 10. Be extra careful when riding on a slippery or wet surface.
- 11. When riding an e-scooter for the first time, keep calm and start slowly.
- 12. Avoid using your scooter during rain or storms. Even if you need to use it in the rain, ride slowly and keep the headlights on.
General Riding Tips
While riding an e-scooter, make sure to know the limits of your vehicle. For instance, every electric scooter has a maximum weight limit. Make sure that you know it and do not put extra load on your vehicle.
Similarly, an e-scooter will also have a maximum speed limit, which is determined based on the motor capacity and other factors. To ensure a smooth and safe riding experience and to make your vehicle last longer, do not over-speed.
Do not use your e-scooter to carry heavy loads or equipment.
Follow the Rules
When riding an e-scooter, follow all the e-scooter riding rules/laws prescribed by the manufacturer and local authorities in your region.
For instance, some states may require you to have a driving license for riding an electric vehicle. If so, get a license first before you start riding.
Also, follow the maximum speed limit rule while riding on a public place or road. Use a good quality helmet and other two-wheeler gear as per the local laws. Remain in your lane. Avoid using your e-scooter for doing stunts. It’s both dangerous and illegal.
I hope these tips will help you ensure a safer, smoother and quality riding experience with your new electric scooter. If you have any more questions or want to explore our range of modern e-scooters, just visit the website https://currusmotors.com/